This Coca-Cola®/Landmark Cinemas “Experience the Legacy” Contest (the “Contest”) is conducted by Coca-Cola Refreshments Canada Company (the Sponsor), and is only open to individuals over the age of 13 at the time of entry, who are residents of BC, AB, SK, MB, YT, NT and ON, except (i) the employees of Coca-Cola Refreshments Canada Company, Coca-Cola Ltd., their affiliates, their licensors, their associates and authorized bottlers and distributors of Coca-Cola® products, Landmark Cinemas Inc, participating Landmark Cinemas locations, their respective advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective agents or representatives; (ii) contest judges; and (iii) persons domiciled with any of the above.
2. HOW TO ENTER
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Text “LEGACY” (“code word”) to 101010 during the Promotion Period (as defined below) to enter. Regular text messaging rates apply and may vary according to each entrant’s wireless telephone package and wireless service provided. No other costs or other obligation will be incurred, by entering the Contest.
In the event of a dispute, entries received shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the cell phone number submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the cell phone number by a wireless carrier that is responsible for assigning cell phone numbers.
Limit one (1) entry per mobile phone number, per day. Only one (1) mobile phone number may be used by any one person to participate in this Contest. Illegible entries are ineligible. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple methods of entry, multiple/different mobile phone numbers, identities or any other methods will void all of that participant’s entries and the participant will be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor will not be responsible for delayed, stolen, misdirected, lost, destroyed illegal or incomplete entries, text messages, or any errors or malfunctions.
This Contest begins at 12:00:01 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on January 9, 2014 and closes at 11:59:59 pm ET on February 23, 2014 (the “Promotion Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Contest.
4. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES
By participating in this Contest, entrant warrants that he/she fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
The odds of winning the Grand Prize depend upon the total number of qualified entries received during the Promotional Period.
6. PRIZE DESCRIPTION
There is a total of one (1) Grand Prize VIP trip for four (4) to Whistler Blackcomb,consisting of: round trip, coach-class air transportation for four (4) from a major airport near winner's home to Vancouver, BC; round trip shuttle between Vancouver and Whistler Blackcomb; three (3) nights hotel accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion (two rooms, double occupancy); ski lift tickets, and equipment rentals for four (4) people for three (3) days (12 lift tickets), one (1) group lesson, Whistler Olympic Park & Wildlife Tour; two (2) Bobsleigh Ride Experience packages for two (2) and $1800 spending cash. If trip destination is less than 500 kilometers from the winner's residence, winner will be provided $200 CAD in spending money for driving expenses in lieu of air transportation and no further compensation will be due to the Grand Prize winner. Terms and conditions of tickets and passes apply. Seat locations to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $13,000 CAD. The ARV of travel may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value.
VIP Trip must be completed before December 31, 2014 or winner will forfeit the prize. Blackout periods in effect. All travelers must travel on same itinerary. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by the Sponsor's airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. Details of each component of the Grand Prize are as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
All other costs and expenses not expressly stated in the Grand Prize description above are the sole responsibility of winner, including but not limited to ground transportation, additional accommodations if required, meals, gratuities, insurance, terms of a personal nature, applicable taxes (including airport taxes), personal charges of lodging, or security fees. The Grand Prize winner and his/her guests are responsible for arranging and obtaining in advance of departure all necessary travel documentation, health and other insurance as may be required.
If any of winner’s guests is a minor (as determined by his/her place of residence), he or she must be at least 13 years old and winner must be that minor’s parent/legal guardian and must complete required paperwork on behalf of minor, as applicable. Travel companions must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of prize documents. Restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets or passes will not be replaced.
7. GRAND PRIZE DRAW AND WINNER SELECTION
On February 26, 2014 at midnight (ET), the official Contest computer will randomly draw one (1) entry from all entries received during the Promotion Period. The potential winner will be notified by phone via the information provided at the time of entry.
In order to be eligible to win the Grand Prize in this Contest, you must first correctly answer without assistance or mechanical aid, the mathematical skill-testing question administered by the Sponsor, and otherwise comply with these Official Rules. The entrant eligible to win the Grand Prize must sign a declaration confirming understanding, compliance with and acceptance of the Official Rules and acceptance of the Grand Prize and a publicity release and a release of all liability satisfactory to the Sponsor. If any individual under the age of majority in the province/territory of their residence is eligible to win the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize will be awarded to the parent or legal guardian of the selected entrant, provided such parent or legal guardian accepts the Grand Prize as awarded, and complies with these Official Rules. If the Grand Prize winner is under the age of majority in his/her province of residence, one of the minor’s guests must be minor’s parent or legal guardian, unless the parent or legal guardian provides the Sponsor with a document consenting to another adult accompanying and taking responsibility for the minor.
8. The Sponsor will call the potential winner on the mobile phone that was used to enter the Contest. If the potential winner does not respond to Sponsor’s attempt to contact them within seven (7) days, he/she will be deemed to have forfeited his/her chance to win the Grand Prize. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, if time permits, Sponsor may award the prize to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only two (2) alternate potential winners may be drawn, after which the Grand Prize may not be awarded.
9. None of the Coca-Cola Refreshments Canada Company, Coca-Cola Ltd. or their respective affiliates, licensors, associates and the authorized bottlers or distributors of Coca-Cola® products, Landmark Cinemas Inc., participating Landmark Cinemas locations, or their respective representatives or agents, (collectively the "Group") shall be responsible in any way for the use of, or bear any liability whatsoever in any way attributable to the Grand Prize awarded in this Contest or the events forming part of this Contest. The Group and each of their officers, directors, affiliates, related entities, partners, partnerships, principals, representatives, agents, licensees, sponsors, successors and assigns (i) make no warranty, guarantee, or representation of any kind concerning any the Grand Prize, (ii) disclaim any implied warranty, and (iii) are not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from the acceptance or use of the Grand Prize, travel related thereto or from participation in this Contest. Without limitation, the Sponsor, their advertising and promotion agencies will not be liable for (i) any technical malfunction, slow down, interruptions, disconnections or other problems relating to the telecommunication network or lines, network servers, access providers, mobile phones or mobile phone software; (ii) for the failure of any SMS/text to be received by the Sponsor, their advertising or promotion agencies for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the telecommunication network; (iii) any damage to an entrant's mobile phone resulting from participating in this Contest; (iv) any unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Contest, (v) any technical or human error which may occur or arise or may have occurred in the Rules or in the administration of the Contest; (vi) any charges entrants may incur in connection with participating in the Contest. If for some reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is to submit another SMS/Text entry in the Contest, provided that the Contest has not been completed.
10. All entries become the property of the Sponsor for any and all purposes. All potential winning entries are subject to verification by Sponsor. An entrant is not a winner of any prize, even if these Official Rules otherwise indicate, unless and until entrant’s eligibility and the potential winning entry have been verified, including but not limited to verification that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the cell phone number submitted at the time of entry, and entrant has been notified by Sponsor that verification is complete.
11. By accepting the Grand Prize, the winner agrees to the use of his or her photograph, name, address, likeness, voice and statements in any publicity carried out in connection with the Contest, the Grand Prize or awarding of the Grand Prize by the Sponsor, its suppliers and their affiliates, agents or such other designated parties without remuneration. Proof of identification must be provided upon request.
12. Sponsor retains the right, in its absolute discretion, to make substitutions of equivalent kind or value in the event of the unavailability of any component of the Grand Prize for any reason whatsoever. The Grand Prize is not transferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash surrender value.
13. Entries received after 11:59:59 pm (ET) on the Contest close date of February 23, 2014 will be considered null and void. Entries shall be subject to verification and shall be null and void if they are found to have been tampered with in any way or not obtained in accordance with these Official Rules.
14. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest administration or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law.
15. The Contest is subject to all applicable Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws and regulations and except where prohibited, shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the Federal laws of Canada applicable therein. Void where prohibited.
16. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the point of sale, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
17. The right is reserved to withdraw or terminate this Contest at any time without prior notice.
18. Any personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of administering this Contest and will be handled in accordance with all applicable federal and provincial privacy legislation.